Phoenix Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Experienced and Aggressive Phoenix Medical Malpractice Attorneys
A lot of trust is placed in the hands of doctors and other medical professionals. When this trust is betrayed, it can be devastating. When you or a loved one experiences medical malpractice, knowing what your rights are is important. At Miller Weber Kory LLP, our Phoenix medical malpractice attorneys have handled a number of medical malpractice cases. When people are injured by the carelessness or negligence of medical professionals, we will be there to help them pick up the pieces. If the negligent actions of a medical professional cause injury to a patient, it is referred to as “tort” or a civil wrong. Filing a lawsuit against the negligent doctor in question can be a lot easier when letting Miller Weber Kory LLP help you out.
Most people fail to realize just how common mistakes and complications are in regards to medical treatments. If these mistakes are made due to neglect on the part of a doctor or medical professional, they will be responsible for compensatory damages. Getting a medical malpractice victim back in the shape they were in before the accident is the main idea behind compensatory damages. When allowing our legal team to handle your medical malpractice case, you can take advantage of the experience we have. We also have a team of medical professionals and experts we will use to build your case.
We Handle a Variety of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
You are probably wondering what type of medical malpractice lawsuits the team at Miller Weber Kory LLP can handle. Below are a list of the claims we can handle for clients all throughout the state of Arizona.
- Cases involving birth injuries
- Cerebral Palsy and other brain injury cases
- Misdiagnosis or wrong diagnosis
- Elder/nursing home abuse
- Pharmaceutical error cases
- Mistakes with anesthesiology
- Radiology errors
- Emergency room errors
- Nursing malpractice
- Organ transplant errors
The best way to find out whether or not Miller Weber Kory LLP can help you is by calling us and scheduling a consultation. Once we have heard the details of your case, we can offer you information on how we may be able to assist you.
Medical Malpractice by the Numbers
The following are some of the most surprising statistics regarding medical malpractice cases in this country.
- About 2% of the people who are victims of medical malpractice actually report it.
- Over 190,000 hospital deaths are due to preventable errors.
- 12,000 people each year die from surgery that is deemed unnecessary.
- Nearly half of the medical malpractice lawsuits each year are filed against surgeons.
- 106,000 patients die each year due to medication errors.
- 1.5 million people are victims of medication errors each year.
The only way to get the monetary compensation you deserve following a medical malpractice incident is by letting legal professionals assist you. Give the team at Miller Weber Kory LLP a call today!
Damages Commonly Awarded in Medical Malpractice Cases
In cases involving medical malpractice, a judge will award the damages to the victim to compensate them for a number of different things. Below are some of the damages commonly awarded in these types of cases.
- Medical Expenses- One of the most commonly awarded damages in a case like this is medical expenses. Generally, these damages will cover everything from hospital stays to medication. In some cases, medical malpractice victims can be awarded money to cover their future medical treatments as well.
- Lost Wages- If you are injured in a medical malpractice incident, then chances are you will miss a lot of work as a result. Luckily, you can get damages awarded that will cover the time you have missed.
- Lost Earning Capacity- When medical malpractice victims are unable to earn at the same capacity they did before their accident, they may be awarded damages to cover this loss.
- Pain and Suffering- When a medical malpractice victim experiences long-term pain as a result of their injuries, they may be awarded damages for pain and suffering. These damages can also be given for things like emotional distress, depression or even anxiety caused by injuries sustained due to medical errors.
- Loss of Consortium- In some instances, the significant other of a malpractice victim may be able to get compensated due to the loss of marital benefits. If a person loses companionship or a sexual relationship due to their spouse’s injuries, they can get compensation to cover the emotional pain this has caused them.